Its summer vacation here so am busy keeping the kids busy. Trying my level best to post in between and visit your blogs as well.
Thoran or Upperi (Malayalam: തോരന്, pronounced [t̪oːɾan]) is a Kerala cuisine dish (South India). This popular and common dish is usually prepared to be eaten along with steamed rice. It is usually served as part of the Sadhya along with other dishes.
1 big bunch spinach leaves
3-4 cloves of garlic
1/2tsp mustard seeds
1/2 cup grated coconut
salt to taste
1/2tsp ground tumeric
- Wash clean the spinach leaves and chop.
- Slice the onion and chop the garlic.
- Slit the chilli into 2 long pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Let the mustard seeds crackle.
- Saute the onion, garlic and chilli.
- Add the spinach and tumeric and salt. Stir well,and cook. Do not cover.
- When its almost done add the grated coconut and stir well.
- Take off the heat and serve hot with some freshly made chappatis.
Yard-Long Beans Thoran