Saturday, November 21, 2015
Growing your own food sometimes sees a bountiful harvest of one crop. A lot of precision in timing is required for successive planting. A skill I am still working on. Another way around it is to learn preservation, so as to have access to a veggie when you don't have a harvest.
Here are two ways of preserving cherry tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes on a plate and freeze them.
- Once they have frozen, they will be like marbles.
- Bag them in zip lock for future use.
2. Sun Dry
- Bruise the tomatoes, add Himalayan salt, garlic powder, olive oil and mix well.
- Leve them to sun dry till brittle.
- Preserve in a glass bottle.
Friday, November 13, 2015
A simple yet delectable side. While I prepared it in the air fryer, it can be coated and pan fried too.
500 gms basa fish fillets
Ginger garlic paste
Dried mint and thyme
Salt to taste
- Cut the fish into required size.
- Marinate with salt, and ginger garlic paste.
- Leave aside for 5 minutes
- Coat with dried mint and thyme.
- Baste oil.
- Set air fryer to 160 for 10 minutes.
- Turn over after 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.