Last summer I learnt to cut and clean jackfruit. Ever since I ve been enjoying gorging on organic farm fresh jackfruit. The best part about enjoying a jackfruit is that it does not end with the fruits. There are many ways to cook and eat the seeds as well. Here's one preparation that is easy and enjoyable.
500 gms Jackfruit seeds
1 tbs Grated coconut (optional)
Chilli powder (according to your spice levels)
Salt to taste
- Cut the seeds into halves and pressure cook.
- When cool to handle peel off the white skin, but leave the brown skin.
- Cut into long pieces. Coat with salt and chilli powder.
- Heat oil in pan and roast the seeds till crisp.
- When almost done add the grated coconut and mix well.
- When the coconut looks roasted, switch off the heat.