Its that time of the month to try a delightful recipe from the Secret Recipe Club . This time I was assigned Asiya from Chocolate and Chillies . Asiya has such a lovely blog that I would try many more than the assigned one recipe. But I didnt browse much before I knew exactly what I was going to try. Homemade Wheat Thins. Healthy, delicious and good for kids in the kitchen! We had fun preparing this, another matter that my kids feel they must eat them till they are all over. I modified it a wee bit for lack of ingredients.
1 /4 cups whole wheat flour
1 /2 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4tbs unsalted cold butter
1/4 cup - 3tbs water, more as needed
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter till mixture is crumbly
- Mix water and vanilla to the flour mixture. If the mixture is not coming together add a bit of water being careful not to make the dough sticky.
- Divide the dough into two pieces. On a lightly floured surface roll out half of the dough very thin. Using a cutter, cut into shapes. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet using a spatula and then sprinkle with salt. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in a pre heated oven. Keep a close eye on them to ensure they don't burn. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.