As part of the Secret Recipe Club I had a very exciting assignment this month. Kelley's blog The Culinary Enthusiast. I had a nice time browsing through Kelley's work and decided to settle down with English Muffin Bread.
I did make a few changes in the recipe-- Since I enjoy converting yummy recipes to a healthier version, I added wholewheat flour and since its an English bread I thought I'd add some rosemary for that added flavour. I quite enjoyed preparing and devouring this very simple bread.
- 2cups wholewheat flour
- 1 cup APF/ maida
- 1tbs sugar
- 1 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1tsp yeast
- 1cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2tbs olive oil
- Rosemary sprigs
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and yeast in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine milk, water and oil in another bowl.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and mix.
- Beat at high speed for 1 minute.
- Grease the loaf pan and dust with powder.
- Cover and let the dough rise for an hour.
- Preheat the oven, remove the cover over the dough and bake for half an hour.
- Remove from the oven, let the bread cool for 5 minutes before turning on to a rack to cool. Cool completely before slicing.