A couple of weeks ago we decided to harvest our sweet potatoes. Relatively easy crop to propagate and grow if you preempt the grubs. Here's what we got.
Having tried sweet potato kheer I wanted to try them in a cake and see the outcome. Thanks to the pretty mold I got a good looking cake.
1cup wholewheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1cup steamed and mashed sweet potato
1/3 cup melted butter
Nuts and sultanas
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together 3 times.
- In a bowl mix all the wet ingredients
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl, stirring well.
- If the consistency is too thick, add a little warm milk.
- Add the nuts and sultanas
- Pre heat the oven.
- Grease the mold and pour the batter.
- Bake till done
- Best eaten warm