My kids love to pluck the hibiscus flowers at the farm. The red hibiscus bush is almost 7 feet tall and fully loaded. While surrounded with all the flowers my mind was busy cooking up something. We tried a hibiscus coolant and Popsicle.
Sugar to sweeten
7 hibiscus flowers
1 lemon juice
2 cardamoms crushed
- Dissolve the sugar in the water and heat to boiling point.
- Take off the heat , tear the flowers into the syrup and let it steep overnight.
- In the morning spoon off the petals, add lemon juice and cardamom.
- Heat up the mixture again, stirring well.
- Cool and fill up in bottles and chill for a refreshing drink.
- Or fill up Popsicle moulds.