I have a very special guest this Christmas and its none other than Kristy from My Little Space. Though I've known Kristy for a short while I can tell you that she is a caring and genuine person. I am also begining to discover her sense of humour. The Kristy's pictures of her food will have you drooling. Take a look at her post Happy Holidays and you will know exactly what I mean. I've tried her Deep Fried Yam Stuffed Chicken and my family loved them. I have her Mooncakes made out of china grass/agar-agar on my wishlist. Do check out her blog and enjoy yourself as I do.
As we hang up our stars and enjoy Kristy's Star Anise cookies, let us not forget the true "Star" of the season. Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ-the 'star of Jacob' (A star will come out of Jacob; a scepter will rise out of Israel- Num24:17). It is easy to get busy with the festivities and lose the real meaning of this joyful celebration. As the star shone that holy night over the babe and his family, let us take the time to be with our families this Christmas and let them know how much we love them.
STAR ANISE COOKIES
It's a great honour to be Shirley's guest today. Thank you very much for your invitation, Shirley. Since Christmas is just around the corner, nothing more fancy than cookies, candies and cakes for this festive season. So, enjoy! And have lots of fun....
Ingredients for dough :
Ingredients for dough :
- 350gm all purpose flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 2 tspn ground star anise
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 tspn ground allspice
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 250gm butter
- 200gm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
Ingredients coffee icing :
- 1 tspn instant coffee powder
- 20ml warm milk
- 120gm icing powder
Ingredients for chocolate icing :
50gm milk chocolate, chopped & melted
Method : -
Preheat oven 180'C.-
- Combine flour, baking powder, all the spices & salt together in a big bowl.
- Cream butter & sugar untill fluffy.
- Add in eggs & vanilla and mix until combined.
- Stir in flour mixtures and mix untill combined.
- Divide into 2 portion & wrap in cling wrap (roll into log shape) and chill firm for about one hour.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into 1/2cm thick slices.
- Place onto baking tray and bake for 12 min or untill golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack for cooling.
To prepare coffee icing :
- Whisk coffee powder & milk to dissolve.
- Add icing sugar and mix well to form a pourable icing.
- Then place both icing into separate pipping bags and decorate the cookies as desired.
Enjoy your cookies and have a blessed Christmas!