I have been meaning to try this recipe since a while, finally got down to it. Should say am quite happy with the outcome.
A great way of enriching the already healthy dosa. Dosa is a South-Indian classic usually eaten for breakfast. It is a pancake made out of fermented batter of rice and urid dal. Horsegram is a legume that is an excellent source of iron, a good source of protein and a fairly good source of calcium. For sprouting details check here. (Make sure you clean your horsegram really well.)
1 cup rice
1 cup urid dal
1 cup sprouted horsegram
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
salt to taste
- Soak the rice and dal(with fenugreek seeds) separately for 6 hours.
- Grind the rice into a smooth paste.
- Grind the dal+fenugreek seeds. Add to the rice batter.
- Grind the sprouted horsegram and add to the bater. Mix well.
- Leave to ferment overnight.
- The next morning you find this speckled fermented batter.
- Add salt and stir well.
- Heat a flat non-stick girdle, drizzle oil and pour the batter. Spread with the back of a spoon in a circular motion and leave to fry crisp.
- When done flip to the other side, fry lightly and turn over.
- Stuff with potato subzi and roll.
- Serve hot with chutney.