I have been meaning to try this recipe since a while, finally got down to it. Should say am quite happy with the outcome.
A great way of enriching the already healthy dosa. Dosa is a South-Indian classic usually eaten for breakfast. It is a pancake made out of fermented batter of rice and urid dal. Horsegram is a legume that is an excellent source of iron, a good source of protein and a fairly good source of calcium. For sprouting details check here. (Make sure you clean your horsegram really well.)
1 cup rice
1 cup urid dal
1 cup sprouted horsegram
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
salt to taste
- Soak the rice and dal(with fenugreek seeds) separately for 6 hours.
- Grind the rice into a smooth paste.
- Grind the dal+fenugreek seeds. Add to the rice batter.
- Grind the sprouted horsegram and add to the bater. Mix well.
- Leave to ferment overnight.
- The next morning you find this speckled fermented batter.
- Add salt and stir well.
- Heat a flat non-stick girdle, drizzle oil and pour the batter. Spread with the back of a spoon in a circular motion and leave to fry crisp.
- When done flip to the other side, fry lightly and turn over.
- Stuff with potato subzi and roll.
- Serve hot with chutney.
Yes, I love having this with chutney too! I can't even remember when is the last time i had it. Have to make this some day. Shirley, you made it looks so yummy! I wish I can grab a piece over. haha.....ReplyDelete
Have a great day, dear!
very interesting never hear`d of these ingredients looks wonderfulReplyDelete
Very unique and delicious dosas!ReplyDelete
Never heard of dosa before, need to ask my Indian friend. Yours looks good and the chutney too!ReplyDelete
Thanks for introducing me to this new legume! The dosa look delicious.ReplyDelete
Love these - You make it look so easy to do!ReplyDelete
Looks very delicious. I love eating dosa. In fact I really enjoy watching the cafe man making these. It is very good with lentils curry.ReplyDelete
Another of your great recipes, delicious x
ok, now I have to go find horsegram..another task for me. I think my local malabar Market might have it. This looks like a nice challenge for me.ReplyDelete
What an interesting recipe. I would have no idea where to begin looking for uri dal or horsegram. Health food store?ReplyDelete
Brilliant! I want to make dosai as well.....ReplyDelete
dosas looking yummy..feel like eating.ReplyDelete