200gms button mushrooms
1sprig curry leaf
1 green chilli
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/4tsp tumeric powder
1/4tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
freshly chopped coriander/cilantro
salt to taste
- Wash clean mushrooms and chop. Slice the onion and tomatoes. Wash the curry leaf and rip. Slit the chilli.
- Grind the grated coconut and masala powder to a paste in the blender.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds. Add the curry leaves and chilli. Saute onions.
- Add the tomatoes and cook. Add the chopped mushroom and half cook. Add the ground coconut-masala mixture and continue to cook till mushrooms are done.
- Add salt and switch off the heat.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve hot with rotis.
Mushroom Stew and new beginings