Its that time of the month, that calls for another International Incident. I so enjoy these incidents for the fresh excitement and challenge that they bring along. Its fun to stretch the creativity and post at the same time across the globe. This times theme being "noodles" here's an Indian biryani of the Italian vermicilli with the Mediteranean Tahini. Howzzat for International?Ingredients-
100gms whole wheat vermicilli
1 onion sliced
1/2 carrot sliced
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 green pepper sliced
1 garlic minced
1 green chilli minced
1 small stick of cinamon broken
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
Freshly chopped coriander
- Roast vermicilli in a little oil and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee and crackle cumin seeds. Add the whole spices and stir till you get the aroma.
- Add the veggies, powdered spices, and cover and cook.
- Whisk the tahini in 1tbs warm water and add to the veggies. Add 11/2 cups water and salt and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the flame, add the roasted vermicilli and cover and cook.
- Take off the heat once done, garnish with chopped coriander, squeeze lemon juice and serve hot.
Penny – Jeroxie (Addictive & Consuming) – Homemade ban mian with minced pork and mushrooms
Christine – Christine’s Recipes – Spicy Pork Mince and Noodles in Crisp Lettuce Cups
Mardi – Eat, Live, Travel, Write – Ginger scallion & Butter noodles
Trix – Tasty Trix – Summer ‘Noodles’ with yellow and green zuchinni with cool basil oil tomato sauce
Natasha – 5 Star Foodie – Homemade Soba Noodles
Anges – Off the spork – Handpulled noodles at home
Cherry – Sweet Cherry Pie – Coconut noodles with honey glazed pork belly
Tracey - Tangled Noodle -North Platte Noodles
Evelyne - Cheap Ethnic Eatz – Incidental Noodles
Ms Baklover - Footscray Food Blog – Zha Jiang Mian
Casey – Eating, Gardening & Living in Bulgari
Tamar – Koreanfornian Cooking – Tteokbokki
Billy – Half-Eaten – Pumpkin Miso Noodles in Shitake Dashi Broth
Nina – Consumed Food Love – Vietnamese Noodle Salad
Suresh – 3 hungry tummies – Twice cooked pork with rice noodles
Anh – A food Lover’s Journey – Taco Soba Noodle
Lori – Wannabe Gourmand – Nonya Curry Laksa
Sending this recipe to the Quickies Noodle Challenge at Quickies on the Dinner Table and Lazaro Cooks
You might also like-