Chicken kebabs have been on my list for a while. I did prepare them a couple of times, but I liked this version the best and it was certainly kid certified!
Though most recipes for kebabs require chicken mince, I prefer buying chicken breast and mincing at home. I've also kept the spices low, though a classic Indian kebab would be loaded with spices. You can throw in the garam masala and chilli powder if you like it hot. The mint dipping sauce or pudina chutney is another Indian favourite and spicy enough. A good combination on a rainy day. Can be included as part of school lunch.
The winner of the Childrens day giveaway is Kelly Parr. Stay tuned for more giveaways.
Serves 16 kebabs
1/2 chicken breast
salt and pepper
- Cut chicken breast into pieces and marinate with ginger-garlic paste, salt and lemon juice for at least an hour.
- Grind the corn in the mixer, then add the marinated chicken and pulse.
- Check the chicken-corn mixture for salt, add freshly ground pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
- Roll into 16 balls and coat with bread crumbs.
- Grill for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with Mint chutney.
Mozarella Cheese Cutlets
Sending this for Side Dish Showdown-Thanksgiving