Its party time and time for the first IIP of the year. International Incident Parties are hosted by the lovely Penny. I've enjoyed being a part of it from the very first party, it does help to stretch my culinary creativity and check out the fabulous creations across the globe. I've always attempted to make healthy versions of the challenges put forth, keeping in mind the theme of this blog.
So this month's theme being Hot Dog, how does one make a healthy version of a supposedly junk food?
pepper and salt
1cup chopped spinach
4 cloves of garlic
1/2tsp garam masala
salt to taste
Wholemeal hotdog bun
- Cut the chicken breast and marinate.
- Puree the spinach and add the marinated chicken breast, grind to a paste.
- Add chopped garlic, garam masala, freshly ground pepper and salt to taste. Mix well.
- The spinach tends to make the mixture a little soft, so roll in bread crumbs or even mix in bread crumbs till you get the mixture firm.
- Mould it around skewers and brush olive oil over it. Grill for 10 minutes. Turn the kebabs over and grill for another 2 minutes.
- Your green kebab is ready!
- Grate the carrot and cabbage, mix with mayo.
- Slit the hotdog bun, slap some coleslaw into it and place your kebab in.
- Decorate with mustard sauce and ketchup.
What do you think?
You might also like-
This recipe is a winner at the Masterchef India 2 Blogging Contest