Laddu or laddo is a sweet popular in various South Asian countries, such as India, Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh. It is often prepared on festivals or for household events such as weddings and births or given as a prasad at Hindu temples.
To refresh on the benefits of sesame check here.
1/2kg sesame seeds
1tsp ginger powder
- Roast sesame seeds over medium heat.When they turn slightly brown remove from heat.
- Roast peanuts and remove the skins. Crush roughly.
- Heat jaggery over medium heat in a heavy bottomed non-stick pan. When it starts bubbling add sesame seeds, peanuts and ginger powder and mix well. This mixture will be sticky and thick. Remove from the heat.
- Rub some ghee on the palms of your hands and when the mixture is still hot, roll into balls. If the mixture gets cold, heat again to make the rolling easier.
- Cool the laddoos and store in an airtight container.