And most importantly since I had Kids in the Kitchen they simply had to throw in some chocolate chips! My sous chefs had a blast folding in the ingredients, mashing the bananas and throwing in the chocolate chips (in the mouth)
Kid-o-meter: Certified as "yummy" !
Wholewheat Banana Oat Muffins-
1 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
1 cup oats
3 medium sized bananas mashed
1/2 cup sugar
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
1tbs salted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Combine all the dry ingredients -flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda together.
- In another bowl beat the egg, stir in milk, oil, butter and vanilla. Add the mashed bananas and combine thoroughly.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until combined.
- Grease the muffin trays and pour in the batter.
- Bake at 160 C for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.