Monday, April 30, 2012

Western Omelet

 Its Secret Recipe Club time again. Though I am on a holiday, I wouldnt miss that at all. This month I was assigned Fantastical Sharing of Recipes blog. Sarah has some cool recipes on her blog, but I chose to go eggy since all my posts this month were on eggs. Here's a simple but delicious Western Omelet that can be easily prepared for breakfast, snack time or even packed in a lunch box. Very filling and nourishing

Western Omelet
1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
1/3 cup cubed cooked potato
2 slices bacon, diced and cooked
1/4 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. butter
3 eggs, beaten with 1 to 2 tbsp. milk
  • Chop, bell pepper, cooked potato and bacon into bite sized pieces.
  • Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute. Remove and keep aside.
  • Heat butter over medium heat. Pour the beaten eggs with milk.
  • When set add the filling onto one side, sprinkle oregano and fold in the other half. 
  • Serve hot with salsa.


  1. Glad you liked it (:

    It's one of the simplest omelet recipes I've ever found!

  2. Yum, I love omelets, and yours looks delicious.

  3. I’m visiting from Group D, and love what you did this month! Beautiful (AND delicious, I’m sure)! I love a good Denver omelet!

  4. Looks great! You have such an insightful blog...


  5. Great SRC post! Western Omelet are my favorite Sunday Breakfast. We make them almost every week. YUM

  6. there are few things as satisfying as a really really good omelet + this one sounds just delicious!

  7. Simple, swift and delicious! love the recipe.



Blog Widget by LinkWithin