Monday, April 28, 2014

Bread and Butter Pudding for One.



This month for my Secret Recipe Club assignment, I was assigned Susan's blog "Food,baby,life".
I went through this lovely blog over and over and I finally settled on Bread and Butter Pudding for one. It seemed to be a combination of bread pudding and french toast, I also liked that it was baked. I gave it a healthy twist by keeping the bread wholewheat and using jaggery to sweeten. I also used homemade butter, and a muffin tray to make easy servings.

The whole family enjoyed digging into this soft in the middle and crispy peaked pudding. One regret I had was that I hadn't thought of doubling the recipe. A very simple and yet delectable dish. Do visit Susan's blog for more...


Bread and Butter Pudding
Ingredients-
2 slices of wholewheat bread
1 egg
Jaggery to sweeten
1/2 cup milk
2tsp soft butter
1tbs fruit preserve

Preparation-

  • Preheat oven to 180 C.
  • Spread one side of slice with butter.
  • Cut into big cubes, layer into greased muffin tray.
  • In a bowl beat egg, jaggery and preserve together.
  • Pour hot milk over the egg mixture beating constantly to avoid lumps.
  • Pour the mixture over the bread and let it sit for 10 minutes.
  • Bake approximately 10 minutes.
  • Allow to cool before serving. Drizzle with honey and serve.



11 comments:

  1. That is one adorable recipe! Love the presentation, anything in individual portions seems so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little individual servings! Great pick this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful version of bread pudding. It is always better baked and the homemade butter must have been heavenly.
    Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute and look delicious! Happy Reveal Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't lie, I have NO idea what jaggery is... but I don't even care because these sound delicious!! :) ESPECIALLY with homemade butter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed it! This is one of my all-time favourite comfort foods :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Immediate portion control...that is the best possible thing for me when it comes to dessert. I have way too big of a sweet tooth! These sound delicious! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of bread and butter pudding for one - that's genius. I have serious doubts though about my ability to restrict myself to just one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks and sound delicious! Plus easy which is always good :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin