The good thing about growing your own herbs is that you can pick them fresh to go straight into your dish. My thyme was ready for a haircut, so I decided to prepare an easy peasy dosa out of it.
1/2 cup unroasted fine semolina
1/2 cup rice flour
1 red onion finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/3 cup fresh thyme
salt to taste
Water as required
Ghee/ oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients except the ghee and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Then add more water to make it into pancake/dosa batter consistency.
- Heat the girdle, pour some ghee and then with a ladle pour the batter in a circling motion.
- When it turns crisp on one side, flip and cook the other.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.