Beef Roast in the very traditional Kerala style, is a common dish you will find in a Keralite Catholic home. Very easy to prepare and a nice side dish to a meal.
1/2 kg beef cubes
1 tbs Ginger garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsps lemon juice
Dry roasted coconut pieces (copra)
1 tbs Coconut oil
- Marinate the beef with the rest of the ingredients (except coconut pieces and oil) for 10 mins.
- Place the beef in a pressure cooker add water till a level higher than the beef and pressure cook.
- Cook on high flame, when the whistle blows cover with the top and reduce to minimum.
- Switch off after 2 whistles.
- After the steam has been let off check the beef. It should be soft to touch.
- Open cook on high till the stock evaporates.
- Add oil and stir till the beef has a roast look. Add pieces of roasted dry coconut.
- Serve hot.