Many of my readers are very fond of tofu and have asked me to suggest more ways of using tofu. Here's a great way to prepare tofu loaded with veggies. You can serve this with rotis and also a great way to stuff a chillah. In my next post I will provide the recipe for chickpea flour( besan) chillah (crepes).So here's a simple and yet nutritious recipe with your favourite tofu.
100 gms tofu
1/2 cup grated carrot
1 large tomato minced
1 onion minced
3cloves garlic minced
1green chilli minced
freshly chopped coriander
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2tsp ground tumeric
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Saute the minced onions, green chilli and garlic.
- Add the peas, cover and cook.
- Add the grated carrot and tomatoes and tumeric, garam masala and salt. Stir well, cover and cook.
- When all the veggies are ready crumble the tofu and add into the dish. Stir well to incorporate the spices. Cook for 1 minute.
- Take off the heat and add freshly chopped coriander.