Beetroot Jam is another great way to get the family to eat their beets! For the health benefits of beetroots, read here. The addition of nuts powder of course enriches the jam. The flavour of ginger and lemon gives it a unique taste.
4 beetroots peeled and grated
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 inches long fresh ginger piece peeled and grated
1 lemon juice
11/2 tbs cashew and almond powder.
- Wash clean, peel and grate the beetroots fine.
- Peel ginger and grate fine.
- In a pan add the grated beetroots, sugar half of the lime juice, water, grated ginger and cook till most of the water evaporates.
- After it cools to room temperature, grind the mixture in a blender to a smooth paste.
- Return to the pan add the rest of the lemon juice and continue to cook. The jam shouldnt be too dry, it should be moist.
- Take it off the fire and add the cashew nut and almonds powder.
- When completely cool store in bottles.