Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pineapple Jam


Pineapple jam- a great way to eat this lovely fruit. This is the first time I tried making jam out of pineapple and it is o so delicious! Just that I cant believe that a whole pineapple is reduced to just one bowl of jam. Maybe next time, I'll put 2 pineapples for that. Your kids would love this one! If they dont go ahead and wallop it guilt-free.

Ingredients-
1 pineapple
2/3rd cup sugar
3 cloves of cardamom

Preparation-
  • Cut, clean and decore the pineapple. Cut into small pieces. Peel cardamom and crush.
  • Add the sugar and cook in a pan. Keep stirring for 10 minutes.
  • Cool and puree in the blender.
  • Cook again, till it reaches jam consistency.
  • Add crushed cardamom and take off the heat.
  • Cool and store in a sterilised bottle.

15 comments:

  1. I bet this is delicious! Freshly homemade jam! I can wallop all in just a second...haha....
    HAVE A NICE DAY!
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I'm allergic to pineapple but I wonder if cooking it would take off the edge. Because this looks so delicious I don't think I can resist it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and yummy. I used to cook pineapple jam with cinnamon stick and clove but never tried cardamon before, must try your recipe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice.. My Mom made a Mango jam similar to this one a few weeks back, I'm still relishing that. Next attempt: Pineapple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. really good.. i will certainly make this for my girl...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pineapple jam sounds just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great Shirley! I love pineapple and am always looking for great ways to use it. I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're not much of jam eaters in our house but this looks tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi shirley,what a delicious jam!i will try to make this someday!thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shirley, your jam looks delicious, great with scones or just plain toast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUm.. I remember making pineapple jam for my chinese new year tarts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful jam. I only cook pineapple jam when I want to make pineapple tarts otherwise I just love to eat pineapples as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an easy recipe and am sure it must have tasted incredible too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking this in. Lovely looking jam. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin