Here's a new version of beef that I experimented on with fantastic results. If you have access to the traditional East Indian masala, it makes your work easy.
Spiced Beef in Toasted Sesame
1/4kg beef cubes
-11/2tsp East Indian masala
1/2tsp tumeric powder
1/2tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
-1tsp ground pepper
-salt to taste
1 large onion
2 flakes of garlic
1/2inch piece of ginger
1 cup beef stock
lime-sized ball of tamarind
1/4tsp garam masala
toasted sesame seeds
salt to taste
- Wash clean, dry and marinade the beef cubes for an hour.
- Add 1 cup water and pressure cook till soft.
- Clean the tamarind and soak in warm water, extract the pulp when soft. Keep aside.
- Cube the onion, grind the onion, peeled garlic and ginger into a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the paste.
- Add the beef stock and garam masala and cook till the onion is no more raw.
- Add tamarind paste. Stir well.
- Take off the heat.
- Add toasted sesame seeds liberally and serve hot with rice, pasta, parathas.