Egg wha?? I hear you say. Yes you read right.This is presenting egg chutney with crouton sticks.
No other international party so far has been this tough for me. Till 2 days ago I seemed to have drawn a blank! Egg seems to be a well-explored ingredient and I couldnt think of anything unique for the party animals. Then voila, I remembered an old recipe that my childhood friend had passed on to me. So I called her up and revived old memories attached to the recipe.
Egg chutney can be used as a dip or as a spread on a sandwhich which can be included in a school lunch.
2cloves of garlic
1/2inch piece of ginger
1/2tsp of mustard powder
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel garlic and ginger and crush in mortar.
- Chop onion and tomato.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard powder.
- Throw in the chopped onion, crushed ginger-garlic. Saute.
- Add the tomato and cook.
- Crack an egg and scramble. Add the fresh cilantro.
- Cool the mixture and puree.
- Serve with crouton sticks.
I have a 5 year old tester...(picky eater this one)
...who certifies it as "yummy"
This recipe is a winner at the MasterChef India 2 Blogging Contest.