Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fish Roe Omelette


Fish roe omelette is one dish that I have fond memories of. I tried to replicate the taste of the way in which my mom prepared this, but I wasnt successful. Mom prepared this for me on her recent visit and I realised that it wasnt so complicated after all!
The roe that I had got is that of the Rohu fish. You can serve this as a starter or a side-dish. Delicious anyways!
Ingredients-
Fish roe
1 large onion
1tbs grated coconut
1 green chilli
1 sprig curry leaf
salt to taste

Preparation-
  • Chop the onion, chilli and curry leaves fine.
  • Mix all the ingredients together and whisk, till well blended.
  • Heat oil in a pan and spoon the mixture to shape an omelette.
  • Serve hot.
You might also like
Fish Cutlets
Spiced Fish Fry

7 comments:

  1. Fish roe? Not sure what it is but will find out later! Thanks for sharing something new with us and glad you're coming back again. So nice to see you around. Hope you're enjoying your day.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only ever had roe on sushi but it's saltiness would be excellent in an omelet! How interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shirley,i love the roe fish omelette, i ate it in my childhood so often!your recipe is with indian touch,here we use eggs,salt,pepper,dill or parsley.and polenta ,for served!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try this, very unique omelette with fish roe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to buy fish roe to make this omelet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love salted fish roe...great to eat with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the addition of fish roe. I have to try this next time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin