Ever tried making cookies with 2 sous chefs under the age of 5? Here's what happens... This was originally supposed to be a Peanut Butter cookies recipe.
But sous chef Joel believes in popping chocolate chips in every recipe he can. A good idea I admit, but his sister sous chef believes that chocolate chips can be popped in only one place... her mouth. So as Joel and I tried to arrange the chips artistically over the cookies, we found to our horror; the ones we finished with were ripped off, by the little sous chef!!!
Ingredients-1cup wholemeal flour
1cup all purpose flour
3/4cup peanut butter
1tsp vanilla essesnce
1/4tsp baking soda
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda,salt and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar. Beat the buttermilk egg and vanilla essence in till creamy.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough and cut the cookies in desired shapes and stick in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in pre-heated oven on the high-rack at 160 C for 6 minutes.
Star Anise Cookies