Monday, November 28, 2011

Restaurant Style Salsa


The greatest satisfaction for a food blogger is when someone tries out one of your recipes successfully. This is the experience that I enjoy at the Secret Recipe Club. This month the blog assigned to me was Baking and creating with Avril. Though Avril's blog is focussed on baking, I wasnt able to choose a baked dish simply because my oven is not in working condition at the moment. To my delight I found this extremely easy-to-make, healthy and finger-licking salsa. Usually I do not adapt a recipe when I try it for the first time, however I used fresh tomatoes instead of canned, honey instead of sugar.


I served this salsa to guests yesterday, they didn't stop till all of it was over.


This tomato salsa is an enriching raw food recipe, and likeable to kids when served with their favourite tacos or nachos or papads or even crouton sticks.


Ingredients:-
4-5 large ripe tomatoes
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp honey
1tsp garlic salt
1/4tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 lime juiced


Preparation:-
  • Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender till you get the required consistency.
  • Serve with favourite chips.
You might also like-

12 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm hopping by to say hi from the SRC. This salsa looks delicious! I love it when I find easy, tasty, and healthy food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous looking salsa! I really enjoyed purusing your blog this month and cooking from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks delicious, I love simple fresh salsa's like this, I have a very similar recipe that we just love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh salsa is the bomb! Love it!! Yours looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love salsa. That is really fresh flavour and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this recipe for salsa! - so glad you choose it! :-)

    ~avril :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Making your own salsa seems so practical, I need to try it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get enough of salsa. I often just eat chips and dip for dinner... ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I make my own salsa all the time. Tomatoes are in season here for such a short time that I use canned tomatoes a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have fallen truly, madly, deeply with this fresh salsa recipe! Bookmarking this now. Just add some chips and there goes our snack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! :) I didn't know that 1/2 tsp sugar or honey was required to get the perfect Salsa! :) Bookmarking it to try it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! This is a different kind of salsa, looks delish! Nothing beat fresh salsa!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin