Homemade ravioli with spinach and cheese. The only change I made was to substitute the flour with whole wheat. I served it with almond basil pesto sauce. To my delight I managed to use homegrown spinach, basil and parsley. To be truthful all of it was devoured immediately after the picture was taken. Do check out Sarah's blog for more.
Homemade Ravioli with Spinach and Cheese
31/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 tsp parsley
Salt to taste
- Place the flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre. Crack the eggs into the well.
- Mix well and knead to a dough.
- Roll the dough on a well floured surface.
- Place the stuffing in intervals and fold across.
- Seal and cut edges.
- Cook the ravioli in water till it floats
- Serve with almond basil pesto.