Time for yet another International Party. Don't I love them now. I guess you are used to my Indian versions of what I bring to the party by now. This one was tough to crack I must say. Usually taco shells are made from tortillas which are usually made from white flour or cornmeal. I've prepared the shells puri style with added nutrition from the moong. Hope everyone at the party enjoys them.
Moong Wholemeal Taco Shells
Servings : 4
1/2 cup split green gram with skin
2 1/2 cupsWhole wheat flour (atta)
1 tsp green chilli paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1 tbs oil + to deep fry
- Wash and soak the dal for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and grind into a fine paste with very little water.
- Mix the other ingredients along with 1 tbs oil to flour and knead into a medium soft dough. Keep covered for an hour.
- Divide into small size balls. Roll out each into a puri. Heat oil and fry the tacos on medium heat. When frying twist it into half.
200gms Paneer/Cottage cheese
1 garlic minced
1 tomato sliced
1/4tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp tumeric powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4tsp garam masala
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add onions and garlic and saute. Then add the the tomatoes, and spices, cover and cook.
- Add salt and stir well.
- Add crumbled cottage cheese/paneer and stir well. Take off the heat.
- Spoon in the mixture into the tacos and serve hot.