Having enjoyed a good harvest of Colocassia root aka arbi, I tried this simple preparation. A favourite in many Indian households. Kids love eating this as a side or even as a snack.
500 gms arbi
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp chaat masala (optional)
- Wash the arbi and cut into half.
- Pressure cook till one whistle. Check if the arbi is soft.
- When cool enough to handle peel the pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the arbi till all the pieces are crisp and well coated with the spices.