Friday, July 24, 2015

Moringa Leaves with Coconut (Thoran)



Moringa is native to Africa and India. Commonly known as drumstick and cultivated throughout the tropics. This drought resistant and no fuss tree is known to be a cure for many diseases and an important source for vitamins and minerals.
A simple recipe which is a delicious side dish. Enjoy the nutty flavour.
Ingredients
Bunch of moringa leaves washed
1onion chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic chopped
1chilli slit (optional)
1tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 tbs grated coconut
Salt to taste

Preparation

  • Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds.
  • Add garlic and onion. Sauté.
  • Add the powders, salt and moringa leaves. Mix well. Cover and cook.
  • When almost cooked, add grated coconut and stir well.
  • Turn off the heat.
  • Serve hot.
  • Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this dish. Sadly I can't find any moringa leaves here. I will have to wait till I can grow my own tree :) Thanks for reminding me of this :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin