While we went shopping last weekend for groceries, Joel said he wanted shell macaroni. He sits in the trolley while we shop and surveys all that goes in the trolley very keenly. He makes sure he makes a petition for all that he wants. One important lesson I'd like to learn from kids is their persistence. If I ignore him the first time, he will repeat himself till I've acknowledged it. Then repeat till I give him the verdict "he can have it or he can't". If he can he will remind me again (almost immediately) till it goes in the trolley. If he cant, he needs a reason; should be good enough to convince him. All this while I am trying to find what I need and not forget anything in the list and check for ingredients, brands, prices etc. Phew! Am I glad that most of the times he is not unreasonable in his demands.
I like the shell shaped macaroni because the sauce sits well inside each shell. What is your favourite pasta?
Ingredients-1 1/2cups shell macaroni
1tsp ginger-garlic paste
1large tomatoes minced
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
- Cut the chicken breast and marinate with salt, ginger-garlic paste and lemon juice. Freeze overnight. Defreeze the next day and cook. When cool enough to handle shred and keep aside.
- Cook the shell macaroni in water al dente. Drain and keep aside.
- While the macaroni cooks, heat oil in a pan. Saute the minced onions.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and minced tomatoes. Cook till it aquires sauce consistency.
- Add salt and the shredded chicken. Mix well.
- Add the shell macaroni, stir in the sauce well and take off the heat.
- Garnish with oregano and grated cheese and serve.