Summer is here and so are the power cuts. Makes it tough to update my blog and keep up with all of you. Hoping to catch up soon.
When I had posted Purple Amaranth Cutlets some of you asked me for more ways to use these leaves. These parathas are prepared just like 'theplas' except that the leaves are cooked a bit. Its perfect to prepare this and take if you are travelling and want to avoid eating out. You can also include them in a School Lunch.They remain soft and are very tasty.
2 cups wheat flour
1 1/2 cups yoghurt
2 tbs oil
1 chilli crushed fine
5 cloves of garlic crushed fine
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida
salt to taste
- Wash the amaranth leaves and chop fine.
- Heat oil in pan and saute the leaves. Cover and cook a bit.
- Crush chilli and garlic in mortar into a fine paste.
- Roll into chappatis and fry both sides till crisp on the hot girdle. Drizzle ghee while frying.
- Serve hot with pickle or chutney powder or chilled yoghurt.