I have not been able to blog of late, no thanks to the summer viral flu in the air. The kids took turns with it. But it gets even better now! Joel's got summer vacations, begining tomorrow. So I would be busy thinking of ways to keep my busy bodies busy. If I do think of sneaking in a post, the brother-sister duo would be at their creative best, with their freedom, and I would have to be prepared for surprises not necessarily pleasant. Hmm I would have to think of a few strategies here.
So here's some Alphabet Soup to herald the summer vacations! Simple to make easy to fascinate kids.
1 onion sliced
1 carrot cubed
2 cloves of oven roasted garlic
salt to taste
- Heat butter in a heavy bottomed vessel, saute the onions.
- Add the cubed carrots, garlic and 1 cup water, cover and cook.
- When done, cool, drain(reserve) and puree the veggies.
- In a separate dish, boil water and cook the pasta and drain.
- Mix the puree, pasta, add the reserve to change the consistency, add salt and give it a boil.
- Add freshly ground pepper and serve hot.
Sending this post for Souper Sundays