Tip- Dont overcook the cottage cheese. If overcooked it turns chewy and loses its soft texture. So for best results in a paneer preparation always add it last and take it off the heat once you have stirred well.
If you'd like to try a hand at homemade Paneer, click here.
Paneer Burji/Scrambled Cottage Cheese
Ingredients-200gms Paneer/Cottage cheese
1 green pepper/capsicum sliced
1 tomato sliced
1/4tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp tumeric powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4tsp garam masala
salt to taste
Freshly chopped corianderPreparation-
- Heat oil in a pan, and crackle the mustard seeds.
- Add sliced onions and saute. Then add the sliced green pepper/capsicum, stir, cover and cook. When half cooked add the tomatoes, cover and cook.
- Add the tumeric, chilli garam masala powders and salt. Stir well.
- Add crumbled cottage cheese/paneer and stir well. Take off the heat.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with hot rotis.