I've chosen to offer this giveaway for International Friendship Day which is celebrated on the first Sunday of August every year. The tradition of dedicating a day in honor of friends began in US in 1935. Gradually the festival gained popularity and today Friendship Day is celebrated in a large number of countries. On this day people spend time with their friends and express love for them. The exchange of Friendship Day Gifts like flowers, cards and wrist bands is a popular tradition of this occasion. In 1997, the United Nations named Winnie the Pooh as the world's Ambassador of Friendship.
Here's how you can win or gift a $40 gift certificate from CSN stores-
- This giveaway will be mailed only to the US and Canada due to shipping restrictions. However all readers can participate to send a gift to a friend, or relative or a fellow food blogger who resides in the US or Canada. You could also ask a friend or relative in the US or Canada to pick it up for you.
- You have to be a follower of Enriching Your Kid! either via a reader or mail or google or networked blogs. So if you havent signed up please do.
- Post a comment below telling me what friendship means to you. Dont forget to leave your email id, so I can let you know if you win.
- The last date to participate will be 7thAugust Sat 2010. Winner will be anounced on 8th.
- Additional entries-
- 1 extra entry if you follow Enriching Your Kid! on Facebook.
- 1 extra entry if you tweet about this giveaway.
- 1 extra enrty if you share about this giveaway on facebook.
- 3 extra entries if you blog or post a link to this giveaway on your blog.