Having posted about the Banana Flower I had an overwhelming response from all of you. Sharing with you my mom's recipe though I didnt manage to acquire the exact taste. You can serve it as a side-dish for rotis, rice or parathas.
1/2 cup moong
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1 sprig curry leaf
1/2 banana flower
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1 green chilli
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
Salt to tastePreparation-
- Soak the moong overnight. Next morning add a cup of water to Ingredients A and pressure cook till soft.
- Chop the banana flower, onion, green chilli and garlic fine.
- While the moong cooks, heat oil in a pan and sputter the mustard seeds.
- Saute the onion, garlic and green chilli.
- Add the banana flower and chilli powder. Stir well, cover and cook.
- Add salt. When the banana flower is completely cooked add the cooked moong.
- Add cumin powder and stir well.
- Take off the heat and serve hot with roti, rice or parathas.