Ingredients-a handful of mint leaves
3flakes of garlic
1 1/2 tbs grated coconut
lime size ball of tamarind
1 green chilli
salt to taste
- Clean the tamarind well and soak in water, later remove the pulp by squeezing it. Alternatively you can microwave the tamarind with a little water for 1 minute on full power and squeeze out the pulp. Keep aside.
- Grind the garlic and chilli.
- Add the mint leaves and tamarind pulp and grind well.
- Add the grated coconut and grind to a smooth paste, adding water if required.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- To preserve refrigerate in a dry container.
- Mint chutney can be used for sandwhich spreads, and can be eaten with parathas, dosas, and idlis.