It is truly intriguing to understand the mind of a little child who is exploring the world of books and the joys of reading. There is so much wonder and awe to discover a world full of imagination and to realize that he can now understand it. Reading skills are truly empowering to a child.
Joel discovered his favourite story characters loved applesauce! So we decided to prepare applesauce together. I've got no pictures to show my sous chef preparing applesauce. Frankly I was afraid having to discover that there werent enough apples for the recipe if I had to leave sous chef alone while I prepared the camera, apples being his favourite fruit! He helped to peel and chop the apples and was thrilled to see it transform at the end.
2tbs lime juice
2inches fresh ginger
- Peel, core and roughly chop apples.
- Peel the ginger, crush in a mortar and extract the juice. Peel the cardamom and crush.
- Place the chopped apples in a microwave dish and microwave for 3-4 minutes till softened.
- Blend the softened apples in a blender.
- Add the ginger juice and cook the mixture for 7-8 minutes till its thickened and translucent. Stir to prevent scorching.
- Stir in the lemon juice and crushed cardamom. Add honey enough to sweeten.
- Pour in prepared jars and refrigerate.
You might also like-