Farfalle or bow-tie pasta is my kids favourite shaped pasta. I prepared pasta today after a long time, needless to say that it was attacked when I had barely finished clicking the pictures. I was meaning to click some more pictures with shredded cheese on the top, however it was too late. Joel was back from school and he could wait no longer!
I was interviewed as a mommy blogger at Annadeskins.com, (my first interview as a blogger!) do pay a visit and read all of it here.
3 cups farfalle
1cup chopped spinach
1 onion chopped
2cloves garlic minced
1large tomato chopped
salt to taste
1tbs wholemeal flour
1/2cup shredded cheese
- Cook the farfalle in water al dente. Drain and keep aside. Reserve the water.
- While the farfalle cooks heat oil in a pan, saute onions and minced garlic.
- Add the chopped tomato, when half done add the chopped spinach. Add salt to taste.
- Remove the mixed vegetables from the pan and melt butter. Add the wholemeal flour and lightly roast. Add the reserve water slowly to prepare a paste. Avoid lumps. Add some grated cheese to the sauce.
- Add the cooked veggies to the sauce and mix well.
- Lastly tip in the pasta, mix well and season with oregano.
- Top with more shredded cheese if you like and serve hot.
You might also like
Shells with chicken and tomato sauce