1cup salted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1cup dried figs washed, cleaned and chopped
1/2 cup honey
1tsp baking powder
1/4tsp ground cinnamon
- Sift flour and baking powder 3 times
- Cream the sugar and butter
- Whisk the eggs and add the beaten eggs and flour alternately to the sugar and butter mixture.
- Roll the chopped figs in flour and add to the dough
- Add ground cinnamon and pour into a greased cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven or microwave at 200 for 40 minutes. Then at 170 for 15 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and slide off the tin onto a wired rack.
- Then drizzle the honey onto the cake slowly to cover the top. The honey will seep through till you see it no more. Then turn it over to the other side and drizzle the rest of the honey.