There are so many ways to prepare Superfood Spinach. Many moms complain that its very difficult to get their kids to eat their spinach! Most kids will eat their veggies as long as its in the invisible mode! You make the dish look appealing and if they cant see the veggie as a chunk that they need to eat, there are more chances of you getting it down. I would like to share with you all that I have tried with this wonderful superfood. In many of the recipes that I have tried I use the puree form. I do not just blanch and puree it but enrich it with other ingredients. This puree can be used in many recipes which I will post soon.
1 bundle spinach leaves
1 medium sized onion
1 medium sized tomato
1 heaped tbs dry fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi
1tbs evaporated milk/ Khoya
2tsps ginger-garlic paste
- Chop off the roots of the spinach and wash clean adding salt. Then chop the spinach.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions with the ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the dry fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi. The aroma as you stir in the leaves is great!
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cover the pan and allow to cook.
- Stir the mixture so that the juices blend.
- Add the chopped spinach, cover and cook.
- Once the spinach is done, stir in the evaporated milk.
- Cool the mixture and puree it.
- Your Enriched Spinach Puree is ready to be used to make a variety of delicious spinach dishes!
You can use Enriched Spinach Puree in