1cup lentils/ Toor dal
2cups finely chopped spinach
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 onion sliced
1tsp ground cumin/jeera
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 green chilli slit
1/2 tsp ground tumeric
salt to taste
- Soak the lentils for half an hour then pressure cook the lentils with tummeric, slit chilli and water.
- Wash clean the spinach leaves and chop.
- Slice the onion and chop the garlic fine.
- In a pan heat oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Then add the onions and garlic and saute.
- Add the spinach and cook covered.
- After it is cooked add the lentil ( make sure you remove the pieces of chilli from the lentil before you add it to the spinach.
- Add cumin, and salt to taste.
- Stir well and cook for 1 minute and your spinach lentil is ready to serve.
- You can serve it with phulkas, rice and wholemeal bread.