Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pasta In Spinach Cream Sauce


As I had promised in my previous post here's a way to use your Enriched Spinach Puree for pasta. Pasta in spinach cream sauce as the name suggests is rich in spinach and cream.
I have used elbow macaroni, do use your child's favourite pasta to make it fun for him/her.

After I had finished preparing it and tasting it, I was quite happy with myself. Now I had to face my jury's verdict. Jury- my 4year old son and 19 months daughter. Joel tasted some and rolled his eyes (while I waited with bated breath) and pronounced "I don't like it". Then came Judith- she winced, but politely gave it a second shot and no more! I thought to myself "Now what do I do?" That's when I remembered tomato sauce! Having added some, I requested Joel to give it one more shot promising not to force him if he didnt like it. To my relief he loved it and complained no more, instead finished the meal quickly. Judith followed suit. Actually I also liked it better with the tomato sauce.

Have you cooked pasta with spinach? Do share.

Ingredients-
1tbs olive oil
1 cup elbow macaroni
5 tbs fresh cream
2 tbs enriched spinach puree
1 small onion finely chopped
5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1tsp oregano
salt to taste

Preparation-

  • Boil water, drop in the macaroni when the water is boiling and cook al dente. Drain the pasta, wash in cold water and keep aside. Reserve the water.
  • Chop the garlic and onion fine.
  • Heat oil in a pan add the garlic and onion and saute.
  • Add the fresh cream; stirring till it thickens.
  • Pour in the enriched spinach puree and stir. If you would like the sauce a little lighter add the reserve.
  • Add the salt and oregano seasoning.
  • Finally add the boiled pasta and mix into the spinach cream sauce.
  • Serve with or without tomato sauce according to your family's taste buds.

5 comments:

  1. very nice idea.. I always prepare pasta but never thought I would include spinach in it this way. Thanks for the tip. Great Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks lovely and delicious...all the cream and all the green

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious! I love that it's simple and has lots of great flavors

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did it again,lost the post.

    I love this recipe and want to make it soon. I am so glad you posted it at My Meatless Menus.

    I love spinach and will be posting a potato lasagna with spinach, hopefully soon. It is really good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin