This was one difficult post, simply because it was very difficult to photograph the crisps. Can you guess why? Because they would be completely wiped off before I had a chance to arrange it or get the camera ready. Finally successful at my third attempt, when the kids were in bed! Yes Okra crisps, a snacky way to get the veggies down and a good accompaniment to a main meal.Ingredients-
7-8 okra sliced fine diagonally
For the batter-
7tbs chic pea flour/ besan
Salt to taste
A pinch of asafoetida
1tsp ajwain/omum (optional)
Oil for frying
- Wash clean the okra and slice fine diagonally.
- To prepare the batter mix the flour with water, chilli powder, salt and pepper. Make sure the batter is thick. Test the batter for spice and salt and add accordingly.
- Coat the okra with the batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the okra crisps till brown.
- Serve hot with or without some sauce. Enjoy anyways.