Tried a dill paratha just on a whim and it turned out just great. Very aromatic and full of flavour. Served them with mango chunda or mango preserve.
The Indian names for Dill are shepu (marathi), sowa (hindi), sabbasige (kannada), chathakuppa (malayalam), sataguppi (tamil), and shatapushpamu(telegu).
1 1/2 cups dill chopped fine
2 cups wheat flour
1 1/2 cups curd(optional)
2 tbs oil
1 chilli crushed fine
7 flakes of garlic crushed fine
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida
salt to taste
- Wash dill and chop fine.
- Crush chilli and garlic in mortar into a fine paste.
- Mix all the ingredients together and knead into dough.
- Keep aside for 1/2 an hour to ferment and the flavour of the spices to set in.
- Roll into chappatis and fry both sides till crisp on the hot girdle. Drizzle ghee while frying.
- Serve hot with mango chunda.
You might also like-