Jalfrezi is a spicy Indian preparation dating back to the times of the British Raj. I have cutdown on the chillies to make it comfortably edible for younger kids. A good blend of colours in this dish coupled with the goodness of cottage cheese.
1 big onion
1one inch ginger pieces
1 big capsicum/bell pepper
200 gms cottage cheese
1tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chill powder
1tsp tumeric powder
1tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
2 tbs oil
- Peel onion and cut into thin slices, separate the layers.
- Peel ginger and cut into juliennes.
- Wash green chilli and chop.
- Cut tomatoes and capsicum into long slices.
- Cut paneer into finger sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, when they splutter add ginger, green chilli and sliced onions. Saute.
- Add red chilli and tumeric powder. Stir well and mix capsicum pieces and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato, garam masala, salt and cook.
- Add paneer pieces and toss.
- Serve hot with rotis.