Time for the next International Party! This time since it is on Dumplings I decided to prepare one of my favourites. Paneer-Malai Kofta/ Cottage Cheese-Fresh Cream Dumplings another North Indian Classic served best with butter naan. A recipe from my files, that I havent prepared since a long time.
We are celebrating a lot of birthdays this time, including mine.Paneer-Malai Kofta
250gms grated paneer
2small boiled potatoes
2tbs white flour
2green chillies chopped
1tbs coriander chopped
1/2tsp garam masala
1tbs malai/fresh cream
7 seedless white raisins/kishmish
salt to taste
2tbs of freshly grated/dessicated coconut
1dry red chilli-broken
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 inch ginger-chopped
1tsp coriander powder
1/4tsp garam masala
salt to taste
- Grate boiled potatoes. Add paneer, flour, green chillies, coriander, salt and garam masala.
- Mix well and roll into 7 balls.
- Flatten each ball, put some fresh cream and a raisin in each ball.
- Cover it again and roll back into a ball and roll in some flour.
- Deep fry and keep aside.
- Soak the poppy seeds, add cashew and grind to a paste
- Grind onion to a paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add coconut, green and red chilli, cumin seeds, poppy-cashew paste and coriander powder together.
- Add onion paste and cook on low heat.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till the ghee separates.
- Add 1 cup water and give it a boil, there should be no raw taste of onions or tomatoes.
- Add salt and garam masala.
- Keep on low heat for a few minutes. Add cream, mix well.
- Add the koftas before serving.
- Serve hot with Butter Naan.
Special Birthday wishes to
Mardi of ELTW – Happy 40th! Hugs & Kisses
Divina Pe of Sense & SerendipityPam of My Man’s Belly
Evelyne of Cheap Ethnic Eatz
At the party you will find-
Christine – Christine’s Recipes – Fried wontons with sweet & sour sauceMardi – Eat, Live, Travel, Write – It’s my birthday and you’re invited
Trix – Tasty Trix
Conor - Hold the Beef – Zwetschkenknödel
Natasha – 5 Star Foodie – Pelmeni
Anges – Off the spork – Shanghai soup dumplings
Joanne – Second Helping – Dumplings three ways
Celeste – Berry Travels
Ahn – A food Lover’s Journey – Pan-fried savoury ’sticky’ dumplings
Cherry – Sweet Cherry Pie – Filipino Dumpling Soup or Pancit Molo
Tracey - Tangled Noodle – The Long and Winding Dumpling Road
Evelyne - Cheap Ethnic Eatz – Momos
Emma – Cake Mistress – Lovely Lumps: Golden Syrup Dumplings
Mark – Cafe Campana – Butterscotch Apple Dumplings
Cool Lassi(e) – Pan Gravy Kadai Curry- Deep Fried Lentil Dumpling in Yogurt Sauce
Ozoz – Kitchen Butterfly
Sharlene – Wheels and Lollipop
Ms Baklover - Footscray Food Blog – Pork wontons soup
Monkylicious – Adventures of food kind
Emily – No muss, no fuss kind of cooking!
Casey – Eating, Gardening & Living in Bulgari – Dim sum with dipping sauce
You might also like-