I'm off to a "big fat Indian wedding". We have already missed some of the pre-nutial ceremonies and all the fun attached to it, since Joel couldn't miss too much of school. But we are looking foward to having a blast at the wedding and family time. See you after a week, till then...
is a spicy Indian preparation dating back to the times of the British Raj. Having tried Paneer Jalfrezi I thought of trying it out with tofu. Have to say it tasted even better! So here's an Spicy Indian twist to tofu.
1 big onion
1one inch ginger pieces
1 big capsicum/bell pepper
200 gms tofu
1tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chill powder
1tsp tumeric powder
1tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
2 tbs oil
freshly chopped coriander
- Peel onion and cut into thin slices, separate the layers.
- Peel ginger and cut into juliennes.
- Wash green chilli and chop.
- Cut tomatoes and capsicum into long slices.
- Cut tofu into finger sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, when they splutter add ginger, green chilli and sliced onions. Saute.
- Add red chilli and tumeric powder. Stir well and mix capsicum pieces and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato, garam masala, salt and cook.
- Add tofu pieces and toss.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with rotis.
You might also like Tofu Crumble