I've been enjoying a regular harvest of methi since a while now. Having explored various combinations and dishes like methi theplas, methi dal, methi rice, a friend suggested an Indian favourite Methi Aloo.
A great dish to serve with hot rotis.
4 medium sized potatoes
2 cups washed and chopped methi leaves
8 cloves garlic minced
1 large red onion sliced
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp ajwain seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
- Wash the potatoes, quarter and pressure cook with skin.
- Peel the potatoes and cube.
- In a wok heat oil, splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the ajwain seeds.
- Sauté the garlic then add the onions.
- After the onions turn translucent add the turmeric, and chilli powder.
- Stir well, add the methi leaves and let it cook.
- Add salt and the potatoes. Stir well so that the potatoes are covered well with the leaves.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.
I got introduced to methi leaves by my mother in law. Thanks to her I am introduced to methi aaloo too, my fav dish :)ReplyDelete
I know methi tastes amazing and It would be also that much tasty.ReplyDelete
Hi Shirley, just stopped by to let you know you've been featured today over at Carole's Chatter. CheersReplyDelete